1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Sms on Behold 2

Last Updated:

1. Luckinole12

Luckinole12 Member This Topic's Starter

Biggest question is that when I instal and sms program, how do I get the preinstalled messaging app to stop sending me notifications at the top bar.

Second, which sms app is the best. I have been using Handcent, but it tends to send and load a lil slow.

Advertisement
  2. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

Go into the settings of the stock sms app, and disable the notifications. That should do it.

As far as which sms app is the best, I think its a matter of preference. I personally like Handcent, but ChompSMS is good too.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

3. Luckinole12

Luckinole12 Member This Topic's Starter

There is no setting on the stock sms to disable notifications

4. leslied73

leslied73 Active Member

I have a Behold 2. If you are running stock touchwiz, you cannot disable the stock notifications. Samsung did not release that option to be changed. There is a way to do it if you root your phone and uninstall that app and replace it with the Android messaging app. If you go to the Behold forum, you can search there.

5. okysnous

okysnous New Member

if people are still looking to do this (and remove the annoying double notification, if youre runninng handcent or chompsms on behold II), this is how i did it

First you have to gain root access (look that up)
    then, get "root explorer" from the market
    then, using root explorer go to your system/app and copy your stock TwMms.apk, go back and paste it at a safe location on your sdcard (as a backup)
    Then, get the app posted here from emeryfan1988
    Modified Mms.apk-Turn-off debug mode, stop application from lagging [Updated: 08/21] - xda-developer...
    rename it to TwMms.apk and put it on your sdcard (of course NOT in the same location you pasted the original behold 2 twmms.apk)
    Then, use root explorer to go to where you pasted the renamed app, long click on it and hit copy
    then, go to system/app and hit paste.. (of course choose to replace the existing app)
    This gives you access to all the old settings under messaging, where you can disable the phone sms notification and use just the one from handcent!!

and behold.. the behold 2 can run handcent with no double notifications
    if someone needs more detailed instructions, then post and I'll do the work (with link to all processes)