SMS Popup not tying up with Messages App

Last Updated:

1. Donnelly

Donnelly Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

Have a bit of a weird problem, friends have been telling me of(f!) late that I'm not replying to their messages, but I've never received them.

I was thinking this was a Vodafone problem, but I just installed SMSPopUp the other day and have started to notice that some messages that appear via the Popup notification are NOT appearing in the actual Messaging App (I'm still using the HTC Messaging app, haven't installed any 3rd Party messaging apps aside from Popup as yet). the phone isn't rooted or had any messing about with the ROM and technically it's a T-Mobile G2, but I had it unlocked to use/keep my vodafone number.

Has anyone heard of or had similar problems? I just want to know wether I should be contacting Vodafone to enquire about my missing messages or wether it's a fault on the phone?

thanks,

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

When i tried sms popup, it lost sms for me too. I think its a bug with that app. Try using handcent instead, it comes with a popup and its much nicer to use overall.

3. nomnompie

nomnompie Well-Known Member

I never had an issue like that with SMS Popup. Maybe you can e-mail the developer about it from the address that shows in the Market. It could be a bug, I think I heard of it in an older version.

However, I also have switched to Handcent recently because the popups and everything are integrated better, and Handcent also lights up the trackball when you get a message, SMS Popup does not.

4. Donnelly

Just installed handcent & deinstalled popup so I will let you know.

My main concern now is I think this was happening before I installed popup...but as I said I'll let y'all know...Thanks!

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Be wary of task killers too, just a leaving thought :p

6. Donnelly

I 'Killed' all my task killers...I'm quite fortunate in that I don't use alot of programs functions outside the main phone elemets (Text, calls, facebook etc) so I don't need to Kill alot of tasks very often, and don't mind the lag when I have to wait for it to realise it needs to Force Close anyway...but thanks for the warning,

also had a look at your 50 best Android Apps list - pretty handy! when I can be bothered I'll probably start downloading some of 'em :p haha!!

7. Donnelly

Handcent appears to have solved all my problems! I also know of a person at work who's been having the issue of not receiving messages and advised them of the same, they too have reported that they don't appear/haven't been made aware of missing any messages since...so thanks all.

On a slight side note - is there any quick way to highlight to HTC this issue has happened/was fixed? I don't particularly want to open a "trouble ticket" or "Fault case" or anything with them but was wondering if anyone knows if they have a general issues blog or something where I could update them with this?

thanks again all!

8. KBS10

KBS10 New Member

Can anyone tell me if you can send a text message with the quick reply using the app SMS Popup ? I installed this but it seems that I can only do this when I reply? Am I missing something here? Thanks so much in advance for any help