SMS popup when I get a new voicemail?Support

Last Updated:

1. rtmeikle

rtmeikle Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm getting a text message each time someone leaves me a voicemail. I don't see any reason for the message, as the icon in the notification bar at the top of the phone already lets me know I have a new voicemail.

Is there any way to deactivate the SMS message notifications?

The message reads "//ANDROID:(phone number) has sent you a Sprint Voice Mesage. Call (phone number) to listen. MMSN,(string of letters and numbers)//CM

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Are you using Google Voice for voicemail or some other program other than the built in Sprint Voicemail. I have been using Sprint Visual Voicemail first on my Hero and now on my Evo and I have never received text notification nor is there a place to choose to get one. Google Voice does have a place to turn off voicemail notification via text on the website

rtmeikle likes this.
  3. rtmeikle

rtmeikle Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No, just using the normal voicemail on the phone; no Google voice. I am using the SMS popup app, but I don't think that's causing the messages.

4. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

That was a glitch on the Hero too after the 2.1 RUU came out. I had that issue constantly until getting the EVO. Sprint tech's were no help and no one really had any idea. The weird part was the text would show from one of the contacts from facebook that I didn't even have a phone number for!

5. skpd

skpd Well-Known Member

have the same issue when I get a voicemail. using stock voicemail app. annoying..

6. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Just a thought, under the setting it shows the verion and allows you to check for an upgrade. Latest is V.5.1.0.26

Maybe some of us have a newer version?

7. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Wow really? I never had that problem after the 2.1 upgrade on my Hero. Hmm I wonder if it is an installed App. Very strange problem

8. randsom

randsom Active Member

Did anyone find a solution? I'm having the same problem..........