• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SMS problems ... is there an app that can help with this?

timk65

Lurker
Oct 17, 2013
Hi,

I receive SMS alerts from our system and they can get rather, eh, noisy. It would help me greatly if I could assign a ringtone to them, but because they're sent via email -> sms gateway, the "From" address has a random string of letters inserted into it so that they seem to come from a different address each time. Not all providers do this, but Verizon does. Is there a texting app that can do wild card matches on a sender? Like tell it to match blahfoo* and assign XYZ ringtone? I can't think of any other solution to this ...

Yes, I have a similar issue, I am a systems engineer and have a program that send out texts when servers/routers/switches, ect are having issues. I use GO SMS and setup rules to send those to folders and assign different ringtones. That way if I get a text, I know if its from a friend, or a work issues that I need to address right away.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones