sms question

Last Updated:

1. ElAguila

ElAguila Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a couple of questions about Handcent. I have been using chompSMS. I really like how much you can customize the fonts, colors, and notifications as well as other things. I also like the notification system. I use it to notify me instead of the default sms app. Once I open, reply or close the text the notification goes away. I was thinking of trying Handcent just to see how it compares. I was wondering if it has a lot of customization options and notification options as well.

Advertisement
  2. nickc71

nickc71 Active Member

For me- Handcent seemed to have much more customization options than Chomp, which are a lot... And you can get rid of the bubbles - which I'm not a fan of...

The program seems a bit slower and laggier than Chomp was - so thinking of going back.

The main reason I'm sticking with Handcent now is because when I entered contacts in the landscape mode it would list the contacts but not the numbers - in otherwords if one contact had three numbers you would just see three instances of the name... In portrait mode I saw number options though...

3. ElAguila

ElAguila Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

With chompSMS when you get a new text you can have it popup a windows and the message is there and you can read it, reply, delete or open the sms app. I see that handcent has the popup as well but in order to see the contents of the message I have to press View. Is there a way to get it to show the message content automatically without having to press View? I set the popup settings to full window.

4. nickc71

nickc71 Active Member

Actually now that the stock app is fixed I like it better than the others (much faster!), but I still use the popup from Handcent... There should be the enable popup setting (which I have checked), but I automatically get the popup, I never get a "view" button like you say - maybe it has something to do with the popup settings.

The reason I like the Handcent popup over the Chomp - is because Handcent has an additional microphone icon which allows you to speak into the phone using voice recognition and it will transcribe your text. Pretty Handy in the car... Also - you can disable "confirm deletion" which you can't on the stock app...

Sorry I'm not able to help with the view button - I've never seen it...