SMS Receiving IssuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Doodalicious

Doodalicious Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to android 1 month old, installed many apps within this one month, tried many homescreen launchers and stuff.

One of the recurring issues I've had with this phone however is that I can't seem to receive all my SMS's.

I've been using CHOMPSMS all the while so could it be the application problem?

Or perhaps it's other applications that might be blocking the SMS's from coming in?

Does anyone else experience this or have a fix?

Advertisement
  2. DukeL

DukeL Well-Known Member

That sounds like a good guess. Probably is CHOMPSMS that is messing up you sms unless you live in a area where the network is overcrowded as this can also happen in that situation. I would try using the standard sms app and see if that fixes your problem first.

3. Doodalicious

So far so good have been using the default SMS client, but I really miss CHOMP's interface...

But from what i read chomp doesn't receive the SMS but only shows it from the default sms client itself. Can someone help me with this?

4. DukeL

DukeL Well-Known Member

Well if you continue using the native sms client without issues then I think its safe to say it's Chompsms that is causing the problem. I would just stick with the default sms.

5. Doodalicious

Okay guys it's been a long time since i last updated this...

After about 2 weeks of usage of my device, indeed the CHOMPSMS application is the one holding back my sms's apparantly.

After a week of using the Default SMS client, I switched back to CHOMP for a day, and low and behold, messages didn't come through yet again. (Note, I can tell if a message doesn't come in, so I'm judging this based on my friends sending me a "Did you receive my reply?" Text)

And yup, switched back to default messaging client and everything has been smooth so far. Pairing it up with SMS Popup in the market to read my messages and quick reply easily.

I know CHOMP doesn't deal with how SMS comes in, but based on my experience there is this problem, so do note I guess.