SMS restore from eclair to froyo on HTC desireSupport

1. response

response Member

I've updated from eclair to Telstra's froyo ROM (on my htc desire) without realizing that the sms backup and restore on the memory card doesn't work in froyo. What, i'd like to know is that now i've done the update, is it possible to restore the sms's from the eclair backup.
    I have searched the net for solutions to this issue, but they all involve using backup software before doing the upgrade, which doesn't help much at this point.
    I've also contacted htc and they've suggested maybe a third party app. i've searched for some, but aren't having much luck. was wondering if anyone knew of something i could use.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

An OTA update shouldn't have removed any settings
  3. response

response Member

It wasn't an OTA update, downloaded the rom from the htc site and used that. expected that autobackup feature on the memory card would have backed up messages as it did on eclair
  4. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

Ah, it's been (kind of) removed in FroYo...use search to find 'privacy' and you should be ale to restore backup from there...
  5. response

response Member

Tried that already, didn't work. It must just be one of the limitations. downloaded sms backup and restore from marketplace, and i'll just that for backups in future. thanks for the help
  6. dobsy01

dobsy01 New Member

REally? Is there no way to restore from SD card once upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2? No way at all?
  7. response

response Member

i emailed htc and they told me to use a 3rd party app to backup the messages in 2.2 coz they had no way of doing it.
    with regard to retreiving sms's from 2.1 in 2.2, which was my actual question to them, they avoided that completely, so i'm assuming that means they have nothing.