• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SMS says "Failed" but still received!!!

spinecho

Sep 11, 2012
Hi, hope this is right place to post.

I've had my Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830i) for about a month now.

I'm having a problem (well not sure if it's me or my wife's GT-S5830i) - but when I send her a text she is telling me that at the end of the text I sent it shows a red "FAILED" - but... she still the receives the text! :thinking:

Now, my phone shows no notification of failure, just date & time text sent!

I've rebooted and so has she, but still she gets a red "FAILED" at the end of any texts I send her!!!

Can anyone help?

Well, despite wading through the hundreds of replies(!) I found the answer myself!!!

It would appear that my wife had lots (and I mean LOTS) of texts from me and had never deleted any. When a certain limit is reached, the phone displays the text, but also with a "FAILED" message?

Still don't know why, but at least it was sorted by deleting a few texts!

Thanks for all the help guys!!!!

Upvote 0
Hi, spinecho.
Hope that you still a member of this forum.
Maybe you can help me with my problem.
I have the Lenovo S660 (Android 4.4.2 KitKat) and trying to send SMS to my friend. The device shows me that SMS is not delivered but my recipient has received it 10 times. Can you help me with this problem ? Maybe you saw any solutions on the Internet. Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones