SMS Sending Failure... due to low signal?

Last Updated:

1. TheTrueSpin

TheTrueSpin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Did anyone work out what causes this... seems LOADS of people are affected - mostly on Orange?

I should add that it says failed and when I retry it is fine.. but the person gets two messages..

Advertisement
  2. tef89

tef89 Well-Known Member

In the end, in my case, when I switched the phone to GSM only the failed sms (and calls straight to answerphone) disappeared completely.
    In our office we've narrowed it down (we have a couple of Desires on Orange and several fleet mobiles on Orange also) that the issue co-incides with construction work on the two tower blocks next door to our building. The tower blocks have the mobile masts on them and are encased in scaffolding with mechanical lifts etc.

So in conclusion it would seem some equipment they're using causes some kind of drop out, we're pretty convinced as when the construction stops / weekends the issue again disappears even the phones are on WCDMA mode.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that after several calls to Orange they said they would monitor my usage for 24 hrs and call me back, they never did.