SMS settings

Last Updated:

1. darrenbrown507

darrenbrown507 Member This Topic's Starter

This may be a simple one to answer, hopefully it is. When I recieve an SMS on my desire I get the notification sound, but I see nothing on the screen until I wake up the screen by pressing the power button. If you do not hear the notification you have to check for messages, I have found sms on the phone that have bewen there for a few hours before i noticed.
    Is there a setting to help with this?

Advertisement
  2. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

If you download other SMS apps like HandCent and ChompSMS you will find there are more options - including options to light up the screen when you have a message.

To my knowledge, there is no option to "wake up" the screen automatically when receiving a text message on the stock app.

3. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

If my phone is not with me for a period of time, i just press the power button when i get back to it to check. :) If you're not able to hear the notification, would you really be able to see it??

4. paulcooper

paulcooper Well-Known Member

I like the stock app, but i also like handcent.
    Handcent has a popup feature, which is exactly what you require but I really got fed up with it coz if it;s in your pocket and a sms comes it pops up and it can just randomly press buttons and touch keys for as long as the phone is being touched in your pocket whilst walking - drains battery and can send a "sdfkjh asofi hasoif hsof " sms reply

darrenbrown507 likes this.