1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

SMS showing up when I have no textsSupport

1. Dannyboy5150

Dannyboy5150 New Member

Ok so I got my S3 yesterday it's a great phone but for some reason when I receive a text message it displays that I have a message even after I read it and even after it is deleted it still won't disappear unless i switch the phone off then on again. Please help I know it's a small issue but it's very irritating

Advertisement
    :
  2. marksalis

marksalis New Member

I'm having the same problem, although it shows emails aswel . I've tried to re sync everything but it makes now difference :(
  3. forza2020

forza2020 Well-Known Member

Same here. Although I can clear it by clicking on the last message twice.
  4. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

Maybe something like a read receipt setting?

When your text has been read on the recipient's phone you may be getting an alert to inform you.

Try the options button on the texts threads screen for additional settings.
  5. poldapaq

poldapaq Member

Hi, same problem with my S3. Can`t find any solution on the web.
    Hopefully someone can help us.
    Please notify if u find any solutions :)
  6. d7das

d7das New Member

I have noticed that if you go into Apps, the Email and Messaging icons show the correct number of unread emails/texts.

If you lock the screen with the Apps menu live (rather than the Home screen) and a new email / message is received then the Home screen icons refresh to the correct number.

Blinking annoying!!!
  7. poldapaq

poldapaq Member

Only solution i found was to factory reset phone
    and now the problem is gone.
    Used Samsung Kies and Google account for backup (files, contacts etg.)
  8. Lukeyy96

Lukeyy96 Active Member

Having similar problems, except I got the notification LED light and no text. Almost as if it's only half being sent to my phone
  9. nickyp2012

nickyp2012 New Member

Just got my s3 and having this exact problem. I get 1 message showing unread even when i have no texts the only time it goes is if i reset the ram. Did anybody find out how to solve this?
  10. XplosiV

Apparently you can try deleting the shortcut and remaking it, this appears to fix the issue for some.

Also try to get the latest firmware update.
  11. Burner2004

Burner2004 Well-Known Member

I do not have this issue on my phone. Try hard reset or the answer given in this comment.
    I suspect very soon we will have a new official firmware fixing those small glitches, as soon as Samsung fixes all the blue phone problems. Or hopefully XDA will make some unbelievable firmwares and kernels for us to update to.
  12. XplosiV

I'm not suffering from this issue either, but it has been posted about before.

Fyi, latest update should put you onto;
    Baseband version i9300XXLF2
    Android version 4.0.4
  13. bigholly

bigholly Active Member

I am certainly not going to factory reset my phone for this lol.
  14. EugenG

EugenG New Member

I solve the problem by desactivate the following setting:developer options/do not keep activities. I just called at Samsung Call center:)
    For having noticed when you receive a sms or e-mail you have to activate Notification button from the rolling list.
  15. Tedred1339

Tedred1339 Active Member

I had this problem and it has the easiest fix -- just download SMS cleaner Free from the market and ask it to delete unread texts in the settings. Its an unread text you have that is stuck in limbo for some reason. Hope that helps.