SMS suddenly cannot send

1. Chingling

Chingling Well-Known Member

So I was on CM7 Reloaded, the newest one, and today all of a sudden, I cannot receive or send text messages. So first I wiped both caches and reflashed, but it didn't work. Next I reverted to an earlier Nandroid backup I had of CM7 Reloaded that never had problems sending messages, and even that one cannot send. So I have no idea what to do, I am stuck with using Voice at the moment, but I would like my SMS back! Any ideas?

Advertisement
    :
  2. GilbertXg

GilbertXg Active Member

all day today i haven't been receiving any sms messages at all from the people I've been sending them too, i was just thinking nobody had replied yet, but now its been a lot of hours going by and still nothing, i just flashed the cm7 reloaded rom about 3 days ago and everything was working until today. does yours say anything like failed to send or something like that? mine doesn't have any error messages coming out or anything, it just looks like they have been sent but i never get a reply
  3. Chingling

Yeah there are no error messages at all! It looks like it sent fine, but no one I sent it to even got the message at all. Whyzor said its possible there's an outage in my area, but I can call and receive calls fine. He said to try a fresh install, I'm gonna see if that works, if not then there might be an outage. I'm in Missouri, maybe there's a problem here with SMS or something.
  4. GilbertXg

GilbertXg Active Member

Im wondering if it really is an outage, i can call fine too. Im in California and right now im at school but i only have one bar here, when i was on my way here i had full bars and i still wasn't getting any replies. sucks i don't know anyone else around here who has virgin mobile right now to see if theirs works.
  5. Chingling

Are you running a custom ROM? Okay, so I can confirm, I just did a complete fresh install of CM7 Reloaded, and I still cannot send or receive at all. Man, this sucks. Huh, that is weird. Outages in two completely different states?
  6. ajbuck68

ajbuck68 Well-Known Member

I'm in northwest Pennsylvania and I have the same problem. I thought I had run into a problem with CM9. I can stil call, but I can't receive sms, and they say they send, but I've tested and no one is actually receiving.

EDIT: Just checked and it's not just rooted users. If you go to the VM USA page on facebook they're getting blown up with angry customers. They better get this fixed soon... but thank goodness I have google voice:)
  7. Chingling

Huh that is strange...dang that means I restored for no reason, forgot to do a backup in my haste. Learn from my mistakes! Hope they fix it soon. Ha, yeah I love Voice.

Dang people are angry over on Facebook
  8. JuiceX

JuiceX Member

I thought the same thing but i called earlier today and there is an outage with text messages only.
  9. rulong

rulong New Member

been having the same problem, can't even send them to myself so either virgin has a glitch, or they are stopping rooted or modded phones receiving texts which would be a wierd thing to stop.

ok so you guys explained but yeah upstate NY is not texting on virgin.
  10. Caleo

Caleo Member

lol, came here thinking it was a problem with CM7 (I just put it on a couple hours ago). Glad to know it's not just me!

Oddly enough, 3g / voice are still working just fine.
  11. Nanocomunicate

Nanocomunicate Active Member

The custom rom on my Triumph is CM7 Tg-Reloaded 3-01-12 and I can't receive or send texts.
  12. dalem50

dalem50 Well-Known Member

Same issue, I'm in Cleveland, Ohio. I'm able to make calls but cannot text. I have the latest version of CM7 Reloaded (3-04).
  13. GilbertXg

GilbertXg Active Member

it seems like alot of people on virgin mobile are having the problem, im guessing pretty much everyone is. it would be nice to know theyre working on it or why it happened or something.
    cm7 reloaded rom
  14. portezbie

portezbie Well-Known Member

I'm not getting any either.

NYC
  15. andel7539

andel7539 Member

There is currently an SMS outage for the entire Virgin Mobile network. They say that they are working on it.
  16. Rcarnes91

Rcarnes91 Well-Known Member

Having the same problem in arizona too I was wondering what was up for a minute
  17. marc12868

marc12868 Well-Known Member Contributor

dalem50 likes this.
  18. tlopez1973

tlopez1973 Well-Known Member

no sms in benton city washington state thanks to "vm"
  19. Cyta

Cyta Well-Known Member

I cant get any sms either and im from the east cost :(
  20. zenicanin

zenicanin Well-Known Member

Can't send any SMS, St. Louis, MO. Running MIUI. Been like this all day since 10 am this morning. :(
  21. alisonc

alisonc Well-Known Member

I was wondering what was up. I haven't received any texts since 19:30 EDT on Sunday -- even sending them to my VMU number from Google Voice is not working. I'm in Flint, MI.
  22. BigDog21

BigDog21 Well-Known Member

I have been having the same problem and I live in Las Vegas.. Its only sms receiving and sending...
  23. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Hey guys, received a good suggestion that this thread might more properly belong in the Virgin Mobile carrier area, so we'll try it there.

Cheers and hope the network comes back up soon for all.

-SA
    Chingling likes this.