• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SMS Sync/Push/Forwarding Help?

Kidwicked360

Lurker
Jun 25, 2012
Hey guys, this is my first post and I'm sorry if it's in the wrong category. If it is, please feel free to move it accordingly. :) So, this is my situation. I own a Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2. A great feature on the device is that I'm able to connect it to my cell phone(not a smart phone, I call it a dumbphone) over a bluetooth connection and take and make calls on it. That's pretty sweet, if not for the fact that I text significantly more than I make calls. Friends have told me about apps like Tablet Talk, that enables an Android phone to forward or push SMS messages to a tablet. My problem lies in the fact that my cell phone can't use apps, because it's just a standard cell phone. Ideally, I'd like to be able to connect my cell phone to the Galaxy Player and have the phone forward or push the messages to the Galaxy Player. It's crucial that this be over a bluetooth connection, because I can't be connected to Wifi all the time; also, bluetooth puts significantly less strain on the battery. Does anyone have any idea of how I'd be able to do this? I'd really appreciate any input. Thanks!

Hey guys, this is my first post and I'm sorry if it's in the wrong category. If it is, please feel free to move it accordingly. :) So, this is my situation. I own a Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2. A great feature on the device is that I'm able to connect it to my cell phone(not a smart phone, I call it a dumbphone) over a bluetooth connection and take and make calls on it. That's pretty sweet, if not for the fact that I text significantly more than I make calls. Friends have told me about apps like Tablet Talk, that enables an Android phone to forward or push SMS messages to a tablet. My problem lies in the fact that my cell phone can't use apps, because it's just a standard cell phone. Ideally, I'd like to be able to connect my cell phone to the Galaxy Player and have the phone forward or push the messages to the Galaxy Player. It's crucial that this be over a bluetooth connection, because I can't be connected to Wifi all the time; also, bluetooth puts significantly less strain on the battery. Does anyone have any idea of how I'd be able to do this? I'd really appreciate any input. Thanks!
Hi ,
Were you able to figure this out. I am currently facing the same issue. I want to connect my android application on my tablet to a dumbphone using bluetooth. So when the user presses the call button on the application it connects a call through the dumbphone.

Any information will be really helpful

Thank you so much
S

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones