SMS Text Issues

Last Updated:

1. jgrimm5

jgrimm5 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, new to Android, I have the HTC Hero Sprint phone. I love it, I just have one issue that I've read some about but have no clear explanation for. I noticed that I am not receiving SMS messages. I could send and the people I sent to received but when they would reply I would never get it. I tried installing chompSMS which I love, but same problem.

As a last resort I reset the phone by taking the battery out, as soon as it came back up I received a couple of the SMS messages from the people that I was testing with. It worked the rest of the night, that was last night.

Today I was playing around and opened Advanced Task Killer and noticed a ton of apps running that I didn't need, after all I restarted the phone so many of them start automatically. I went through and killed ONLY those that I was not using, nothing related to email, SMS, Message, etc. As a test I sent a friend a text, no response which was not normal. I took the battery out, reset it and as soon as it came up I got his response.

Something that is running is needed, I just don't know what it could be. Has anyone else had the same problem, its almost like if I even mess with the Task Killer something needed to receive SMS messages gets stopped but I'm not killing anything that would seem to be related. I hate to keep everything running but I will if it means that's the only way to keep SMS working and reliable.

Any ideas? I've done all the obvious so please post if you have experience with this or a non obvious idea! :)

Jon

Advertisement
  2. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

This is one of the issues acknowledged by HTC but no one has found a fix for outside of the soft resets you've been doing. If it gets bad enough that you can't deal with it anymore, you can take the phone back for an exchange at a Sprint store.

3. jgrimm5

jgrimm5 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the information. If it keeps working as long as apps are running I can deal with it. If it gets bad its going back for exchange.