SMS Text Message Counter?

Last Updated: 2011-06-20 05:39:25
  1. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

Is there an Android app anywhere that will count how many SMS text messages I have used to date in a month?

I have found a data counter which tells me the amount of data going through the phone via WiFi and the mobile network, but as these are both unlimited on my plan, it's no use.

However I only get 300 minutes and 300 SMS messages each month included in my plan and would like to know where I am with those at any time.

Advertisement
  2. JustDriftin

JustDriftin Well-Known Member

Handcent SMS (New) will do it.
  3. brykins

Thanks - I have installed it to try out but it's another 2.3Mb gone from my ever dwindling phone memory. Everything else in the default SMS app does me fine, so something tiny that just counts texts would be better.

Ta anyway.
  4. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Well-Known Member

there is a widget that is called "Free Widget". The description states: "Counts your SMS and made call-minutes per month for calculating left free sms/minutes." Sounds like what youre looking for. Hope this helps. :)

-Shizz
  5. brykins

Oooo....thanks Shizz! Installed and looks good. Nice 2x1 widget, configurable with how many free texts and minutes I get per month and when the billing starts. Green numbers right nowm, so I guess that's indicating I am within my free ones still.

Now to test that it counts by sending some more :)
  6. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Well-Known Member

Glad to help. Hows it working out for ya?
  7. samster

samster Well-Known Member

Chomp SMS has it by default, and Handscent has it as a configurable option (on/off). Mind you both of these applications replace your stock messaging app
  8. brykins

So far so good. Needs to be manually refreshed to get current text and minutes count, but other than that, no grumbles. Much rather this that something that replaces the default sms application and eats up more of my memory.
  9. atfrase

atfrase New Member

Just tried "Free Widget"; seems like it's only counting messages sent, but not received? Or maybe the other way around.
  10. brykins

Been playing around with this for a while and it's a bit hit and miss. It does only count outgoing messages which is what I wanted. Problem is the count goes down if I delete messages from my inbox. Seems to be unreliable.
  11. juanchax

juanchax New Member

Hey Shizz, d'ya know where I can get the free widget? (I've searched the android market for it, but I keep getting free widgets result instead of the app)

Thanks!
  12. ina27

ina27 New Member

Please,i have exam for 10 days. I must make in android app sms counter in java for android. Can anyone give me or help me with programming that app?
    thank you very much
  13. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

Handcent tracks the number of texts to each contact, like one contact I have 1051 so far this month, lol doesn't matter since I'm on unlimited text.
  14. bettina.sutton

bettina.sutton New Member

hi...i am after the same thing...something to count my outgoing SMS..i have also tryed the above and it will not work..can you please also tell me where i find the application.?...thanks you..x
  15. friendshipmete

friendshipmete New Member

I made a little free app, Friendship Meter, which ranks your friends by the number of texts they send you. Might be of use to you?