SMS Text Problem. Help!?General

Last Updated:

1. apologetickid

apologetickid Member This Topic's Starter

I love my Eris, but I'm having one recurring and frustrating problem.
    Almost every time I try to send a text, I'll get about halfway through typing it, and the program will just go back to the previous page without warning. I lose the text and I have to start over.
    This happens EVERY time I try to send a sms to a group. (Which means I can't send a group text ever, which is frustrating).
    Does anyone have a fix for this?
    :confused::confused::confused::confused:
    Thanks!
    -Tim-

Advertisement
  2. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

Are you just accidentally hitting the "Back" button on the bottom, near the spacebar?

If so, it should save it as a draft. Open your Messages app, then press Menu and go to Draft. You should be able to continue typing your message from there.

3. apologetickid

apologetickid Member This Topic's Starter

No, in fact, I realized that I don't have to type anything. I'll open the sms app, and even if I don't press anything at all it will still revert to the previous screen. :confused:

4. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

Turn your phone off, then back on, and see if that works. Press Home, then press and Hold the red button. After five or ten seconds, turn your phone right back on, with the same button.

When your phone finishes starting back up, try a text again. If no one else has any ideas, I'd kiss your Scenes and home screen configuration goodbye and...

Hard Reset.

Hit Home > Menu > Settings > Security > Erase All Data.

If this doesn't work, return your phone for another one. There's something wrong with it possibly?