SMS Texts Randomly Deleted...General

Last Updated:

1. jetsfan2010

jetsfan2010 Member This Topic's Starter

I have seen my texts on my Incredible get randomly deleted three times in the past four days. Anytime I seem to have multiple text convos going on, I will get an error, and then all will go away.

ANyone else with this issue?

Advertisement
  2. jetsfan2010

jetsfan2010 Member This Topic's Starter

no one with this issue?

3. mikeydingo

mikeydingo Well-Known Member

not me i have not experienced this

4. RandomBehavior

RandomBehavior Active Member

I just spent 20 minutes trying to find a huge thread I had read related to this problem. But for the life of me I can't track it down.
    This has happened to me just once. Earlier today as I was driving my Incredible back to VZW to exchange it for a new one after being plagued with problems since day one.
    Anyway, in the thread several people were complaining of this very issue. In speaking to it, the OP said that it would happen when he had sent around 50 texts. He finally factory restored and it ended up doing the same thing at his 17th message sent. This was just using the core messaging app with no third party ones even being installed.
    He further tried using Chomp and Handcent but had the same results, implying that it was an issue with a core library file that all of the apps called upon.
    Several others had the exact same complaint with the only difference being the 'guesstimate' of text messages sent before it would happen to them. The number seems to be a fluke and has little, if any, to do with the problem itself.
    I know this is no answer but know that you are not alone in your problem. Should I come across that thread again I'll post an update / edit here in my reply.
    Good luck!