SMS Threads Problem

Last Updated:

1. RichardD

RichardD New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Not sure if this the right forum, but here goes...

Basically, I receive quite a few text messages off companies who send them using a PC, and so they appear as from the company name, rather than as a phone number. For example, texts from T-Mobile appear as from "T-Mobile". However, for some reason every text I get off a company starts a new thread, rather than all being in the same thread.

Is there anyway to solve this?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Ataranine

Ataranine Well-Known Member

If they're not coming from a static number, they'll start new threads every time.

3. RichardD

RichardD New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for replying so quickly!

Is there no way to stop this? Such as a way to add them to the contacts (even though they don't have a static number)? Or a SMS app which will put them all in the same thread? I was hoping that it would be able to, as I know some people who have iPhones, and it puts them all in the same thread.

4. pankajvarma1

pankajvarma1 New Member

I have a Samsung Galaxy S. I often have to send same text to 5, 10,20 people. My phone puts them in separate conversations for each group of recipients rather than put it in each conversation with each recipient. Their replies come individually and get put in conversations with each individual. As a result my outward texts are in different conversations and the responses are elsewhere and the whole point of threading is lost. Can somebody help me and suggest how I can send messages to multiple recipients and have them put in separate conversations with each individual recipient