SMS Timestamp issue on evo 4g

Last Updated:

1. hogs23

hogs23 New Member This Topic's Starter

Some of my texts i recieve are about 5 hours in advance which causes my texts to be out of order. if i recieve the text at 1pm it will say 6pm does anyone know a fix for this?

Advertisement
  2. seigex

seigex Well-Known Member

I was reading something about it.. it could have to do with the PRL you are using .. there was some chat on XDA developers.. but if you swap to handcent you can use system time instead of tower time to timestamp the texts

3. nREMfan

nREMfan Member

I've had the same issue, to an extent. If I use the default app for messaging, all of my incoming texts are stamped as eastern time, and mine are central. So the thread is messed up. I'm in Central Timezone btw.

That said, I was in Orlando last week (Eastern time) and everything was fine with both incoming and outgoing. And to top it all off, if I use Handcent, everything is fine here at home, too.

Weird quirks, and annoying. I know the "easy" answer is to use Handcent, but why is the app that ships with phone dorked?

4. hogs23

hogs23 New Member This Topic's Starter

It usually just messes up in the morning and only for a couple ppl which frustrates me even more i dont know why it just messes up on just a few ppl

5. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

This bugs me as well. I've been using Handcent SMS to circumvent this issue. It doesn't correct time timestamp, but it does display text messages in the correct order.

6. newevoguy

newevoguy New Member

I downloaded handset and sms time fix and it seems to work. dhame we should have to do this though