SMS timestampSupport

Last Updated:

1. tesons

tesons New Member This Topic's Starter

When I receive an SMS, it shows time received rather than time sent. This is a real problem for me. Is there a fix for this or an app? My previous phone LG Dare would show time sent. Is it something I need to change a setting on? Thanks for guidance on this.

Advertisement
  2. Haelous

Haelous Well-Known Member

What are you using as a test?

Handcent specifically says 'Sent' for the time on messages for me, whether they're sent or received. When I compare the times with the stock messaging app, they are the same.

3. tesons

Sorry I wasn't clear enough in the first post. I am using the default sms app, when I shut my phone off and people send me text messages while it is off, later I turn it back on and it receives the messages but shows a timestamp of when I powered the phone on rather than when it was sent to me.

Thanks.

4. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

This is a network thing actually. Verizon will keep trying to resend the message every X seconds/minutes. So technically from your phone's standpoint it is correct; the timestamp is when verizon last pushed the message.

Don't hate the phone, hate Verizon's solution...

5. tesons

This doesn't make sense to me. I was on the Verizon network with my LG Dare and didn't have the timestamp issue. Same network, different phone.
    Thanks anyway for your input.

6. lindsay4392

lindsay4392 New Member

did you find out how to fix this ??? i have the same prob