sms to mmsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Shonan

Shonan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hey guys,

im having a little problem, if im typing a long sms it auto changes it to a mms and for some reason which i cant workout why ?

can anybody shed any light on this

many thanks guys

Advertisement
  2. dibberly

dibberly Well-Known Member

if ure using handcent sms its in the options about anything over 3 sms automatically changes it to an mms

just change the option

3. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

I think I read that its because you can send a certain amount of data for 1 MMS which will cost 20p, whereas if you send 5 linked texts of 160 characters each thats 50p as an example.

I don't know if thats true, but I guess if you have unlimited texts it doesn't matter how many SMS you send. On the other hand I do get charged for MMS on my phone so perhaps I ought to take a look at the settings suggested!

4. hitokiri

hitokiri Active Member

yeap u r rite rosered ;) bcz the x10 helps us to save some pennys

5. greenhornetuk

greenhornetuk Active Member

its not saving anything when we have unlimited texts!!

6. riker1

riker1 Member

sorry to barge in but did anyone see "watchdog" this week on bbc 1 there is no such thing as unlimited texts its "unlimited to a fair usage policy" on one network 3000 texts per month. just letting you know incase you get stung by the network companies.

7. Shonan

Shonan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i get 4000 free tx a mth but not mms, i use the stock application and i like it, didnt really think much of handcent but to be fair ddnt really give it much of a chance,

is there anyway i can change how it behaves, as i send lot of tx and would find it a royal pain in the a*** to hav to send one long tx in 2 parts

8. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

There is another app that I have heard good things about called chompSMS. Don't know if you can alter this setting on there but it might be worth a look. Thought I'd download it and have a look but can't see the setting... so if anyone wants to chip in?!

Or give Handcent another go. I have just altered my setting as I get free texts but not the MMS too.