SMS Voice To Text - Couldn't ConnectSupport

Last Updated:

1. barr08

barr08 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,

I really like using voice to text for SMS text entry (the little microphone logo next to the space bar), but sometimes I get a message that says "Couldn't Connect", and it does not allow me to use the feature.

Is this a common occurrence? It has only happened to me once, but I am afraid it will continue happening. Is there a way to make this work more consistently? Is this an Internet issue?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. barr08

barr08 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK so this was a system-wide issue with my Internet, presumably caused by Droid Wall. I deleted the app, restarted, and everything works fine now.

Now I just need to figure out how to use this app without blocking my entire network connection!

3. CrownMe

CrownMe Member

I'm having the same issue with voice to text, as well as Google voice search. I either get the msg "Couldn't Connect" or "Connection Problem"

.. the only thing I did with this phone thus far is install Firefly 3.0, and I got Angry Birds, Jewellust and MyBackup Pro.

I didnt try it before flashing to Firefly 3.0, so I'm not sure if thats what caused it.

Any Ideas?

4. CrownMe

CrownMe Member

Sorry.. Please ignore the above post.

Google voice search requires an internet connection.. which of course I do not have. I connected to wifi and everything is working fine