1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

SMS Waiting! A new app

Last Updated:

1. bunni

bunni Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

Just released a new app onto the market last night, heres the spec:

When you want to send an SMS message but your out of network signal most Android SMS apps (certainly the default ones) ask you to re-send the message later. 'SMS Waiting....' will automatically send any unsent messages once your back in signal, and then discreetly notify you that it has done so. It also integrates with most SMS apps seemlessly.

Here is the app: http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-sionc-smswaiting-FApD.aspx

[​IMG]

Features;
    - Auto sending of unsent SMS messages once in network range
    - Notification that you are outside of network coverage
    - Notification that the app has sent your messages once in range
    - Full integration with standard SMS apps: Outbox and Sent messages cleaned and updated

Please note that some non-standard SMS apps may not support this functionality. Once you install the app you can test this easily by using our test function.

Any questions, I will be monitoring this thread!

Thanks Guys

Advertisement
  2. bunni

New version uploaded, please update via Android Market

3. bunni

Hi All,

Just an update, we now have a free 1 week trial version on the market

Any questions or comments always welcome

4. bunni

New update now available, app just 50p and there is a trial version available also.

Any questions/comments please let me know

5. uksoup

uksoup New Member

Hi bunni,

Great app, you're the only one addressing this problem, thanks on behalf of all the users.

Can I make a request for the next version please?

Can we have the option to switch off the "out of mobile network" notifier please? I'll happily pay for the app if you do that (I just look at my signal bar as I know I have dead spots around my house).

A notifier that kicks in only when your app is doing its duty and is actively waiting to re-send a unsent message would be a better option for me; even cooler if it had your unique icon so I know your app is doing its job at a glance. But this bit is just me being greedy.

Nice one, well identified, you're on a winner.

Cheers,
    soup

6. bunni

Thanks for the feedback Soup!

I can certainly add this to our next version - I will post on here when it is available.

Please let your friends know about the app - its very difficult to get the value of this small app through to people when there is a plethora of SMS apps on the market - yet non of them with this simple functionality.

Any more reccomendations - please let me know

Many Thanks
    Sionc

7. uksoup

uksoup New Member

That's fantastic, looking forward to your release.

When you search the market for "unsent sms", or "unsent message" your app is the only return. I don't understand why you don't get more hits, once I realised that the Android OS only retries for a limited amount of time, I presumed I'd missed something in the settings but that wasn't the case. Maybe being "out of signal" isn't such an issue these days but someting tells me that's not true.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll app will go big if you could just get it featured somewhere, especially if it was a Market recommended app.

Thanks for replying to my requests post, it'd be great for me if you do build them in the next version.

Good Luck,
    soup

8. CXXV

CXXV Well-Known Member

I don't understand. The SMS's are simply queued up until the phone is back in signal range. Why do I need an app for this.

In fact, every phone I've had has done this.