Sms

Last Updated:

1. Ste20man

Ste20man Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all.

I am using the origional 'messges' sms program that I got with the Desire and have a question. I wan't to send the same sms to multiple friends but I cannot figure out how to add and send to more than one recipient at a time.

Can anyone help?

I do like the standard sms app, chomp is ok. Is there any others that you would suggest once I've fixed this issue???

Cheers,

Ste.

Advertisement
  2. firedesire

firedesire Well-Known Member

As far as sending to multiple contacts, just tap on the 'to' bar where the first persons name is....this will let you add other contacts, re-tapping this bar will allow you to add as many others as you need from your contacts list.

3. garryknight

garryknight Well-Known Member

The secret is in that little "face" icon to the right of the To edit box. Tap this and you'll find yourself in the contacts list with a checkbox to the right of each contact's name. If you find that you want to send texts to the same group of people on more than one occasion, you could set up a group in the People app. Then when you're in the Messages app, tap the "face", then <Groups>, and you'll find your groups listed with checkboxes allowing you to select more than one group if you like.

I haven't tried it, but I bet you could send a text to more than one contact plus more than one group using this method. Instant spammage! :D

firedesire likes this.
  4. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

Just to add to what the others have said, Handcent is another commonly used messaging app. :)

5. Ste20man

Ste20man Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Top advice, nice and simple.

Cheers,

Ste.

6. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

You don't even need to keep re-tapping to "To" box. Tap it once, type in the name and tick it, backspace the name and type another one, tick that.

Alternatively you can set up groups and send a message to a group, where all the people in that group will receive it.