Snags, HTC Hero not saving contacts!

Last Updated:

1. Flip2k3

Flip2k3 New Member This Topic's Starter

Right, had a quick search with no luck.

When I save contacts to my phone they don't save in my 'People'. I have to call them before/after saving them by their number before my phone recognises that they have been saved and then they show up in my 'People'

Any ideas what the hell is going on? Rather annoying when a girl gives you her number and you have to ask for it twice.

HTC hero running latest HTC firmware on Orange.

Cheers in advance!

Advertisement
  2. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

At the bottom of the People App, there is a little slider. It sounds like your slider is on Call History. Try sliding it to the left for the other categories, such as Favorites, and All People.

3. afonja

afonja Well-Known Member

Hello Flip2k3,

On HTC Hero you can add contacts to "Google" account, "Phone" memory or "SIM" memory(you should able to chose where to safe while adding a new contact). If you go to "People" press "Menu" button and then "View" - you will be able to chose which contacts to display in your "People" app. My suggestion is to check that you are able to see group(google, phone, sim) in which you are adding a new contacts.

But quantumrand's guess is more likely to be true.

Hope this helps.

4. sdiddy

sdiddy Active Member

guys same problem here....i am viewing all people and even tried searching using the smart find on the phone section of the hero...neither will find a contact that i just added as a google contact. i restarted the phone and still nothing. can anyone test to see if this is a common issue? anyone find a fix????

5. sdiddy

sdiddy Active Member

you were right. i feel stupid. :eek:

6. balluny

balluny New Member

Thank you so much for your post. I didn't notice that when adding a contact it defaulted to "exchange" instead of "phone".