Snapchat pictures turn black

1. westonnate

westonnate New Member

My snapchat app has been working fine for the past half a year but recently whenever I take a picture it instantly turns black. You can still type things and draw on it but no image shows. The camera is fine up until you capture then it turns black. I've tried uninstalling and rebooting but I have not found any way to fix it. I'm running cyanogenmod 10.1.0 any helpbor suggestions are appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Welcome westonnate:)

I don't use Snapchat but let me ask, does your camera work fine even without Snapchat? Any other issues that could be related to the camera?
    I'm just trying to rule out the camera itself. :)
  3. schnyd

schnyd New Member

I'm having the same issue, seems to come and go.
  4. westonnate

westonnate New Member

The camera works fine in the camera app and works fine in the snapchat app until you press the capture button.
  5. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Seems to be related to the app perhaps? Has it been updated recently?
  6. westonnate

westonnate New Member

There may have been a recent update but I don't see any other complaints about the problem I'm having.
  7. jabroni

jabroni New Member

having the same issue here.

running 10.1.2-d2att
  8. derezzer

derezzer New Member

Same issue here, camera works fine, snapchat captures black photo.

Running 10.1.2
  9. z00k

z00k New Member

I'm having the exact same problem. Registered to shout out to everyone.

I'm currently running the Samsung Galaxy S3 i535 with CM10.2 Nightly Build (8/20).

I've noticed that recording/sending videos is fine, but anytime that I try to take a picture, it always turns up black. Hoping for the best out of this thread as the Snapchat issue is the only thing that is currently malfunctioning when I use this rom.
  10. westonnate

westonnate New Member

The problem is the update. You have to download the 3.0.1 apk. uninstall your original snapchat then install this one. Find snapchat in Google play, select settings and unchecked the automatic update until they come out with a fix for this. Hope this helps.
    Mikestony likes this.
  11. derezzer

derezzer New Member