Snapdragon Battery Guru Nexus 4Support

1. mb41186

mb41186 Well-Known Member

Ok so decided to give it a try, took about 4 days in learning mode and now the battery savings has now started, I will charge it tonight and try it out tomorrow and hopefully I will see a huge difference.

Anyone that has this already try it?

Advertisement
    :
  2. charliecc

charliecc Well-Known Member

Not sure you need it since 4.2.2, I'm at 17% after 2d 3h.
  3. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

I'd be interested to see what benefits you find, as it's constantly running in the background at a guess and would therefore, use battery to an extent anyway.

Question is - do the benefits outweigh :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
  4. stuarta

stuarta Well-Known Member

I'm using it and liking it. New phone so not sure if it is helping. Yesterday had 2days 5 hrs and about 16% left. Currently 90% after 8hrs
  5. nebler

nebler Well-Known Member

I've been using it with Green Power. Currently on 68% after 23hrs moderate use.
    It certainly seems to have lowered the Android OS and Android System percentages ....
  6. mb41186

Yes I updated it to 4.2.2 when the update rolled out and honestly I didn't see a difference in battery life, just a small one.

and for you to get 2 days of battery life? damn
  7. mb41186

wow 90% after eight hrs?

So far after running it for 3hrs I"m already at 87% with some moderate use

txting facebook twitter, no calls lol oh and updating a few apps off the mobile network no wifi
  8. mb41186

about 12hrs and at 39%, honestly haven't seen any change in battery saving, this is with my average use of the phone
  9. charliecc

charliecc Well-Known Member

Do you run Google Now? If so, try turning it off for a couple of days, did wonders for my battery life.
  10. stuarta

I'm running google now and bit of texting/facebook 1d 1hr, 70%
  11. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

I like Google Now.
  12. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Well-Known Member

You don't have to disable Google Now to improve your battery. Just disable certain GPS features and auto sync and your battery won't suffer while you still get the benefits of Google Now.
  13. stuarta

19% after 2 days and 12hrs running Google Now
  14. mb41186

Ok here's my take on this app, compared to Juice defender it actually kills my battery more than saving, Yeah I got maybe an extra hr or two out of my battery, but all it really does is turn on remembered Wi-Fi areas like at my house, which isn't necessary for me at home, and now it pretty much tells me every time there is an open hotspot, which is nice but as said I don't really need it since most of the time it runs better off the HSPA network from tmobile. The app just updated i'll give it another day and if I don't see a difference Im going back to Juice defender
  15. tmicrd68

tmicrd68 Well-Known Member

The auto WiFi is irritating & why I uninstalled battery guru. Getting decent battery life for me with 4.2.2 & Franco kernel anyway. Qualcomm, try harder to make software that works as well as your processors.
  16. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I didn't see any difference so uninstalled.
  17. mb41186

Yea there is a way to disable it in the settings but all I did was just deactivate the whole thing and turned off the app, didn't uninstall just in case I want to try it again on a later update, went back to Juice defender and so far working reasonably ok
  18. ooberandy

ooberandy Well-Known Member

This isn't the battery guru app that is telling you, its your phone. However its easily turned off in settings>wifi>menu>advanced> then untick network notification