Snappy VNC or RDP at Droid's full* res?

Last Updated:

1. MrDetermination

MrDetermination Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I'm a droid nub but I know my network stuff. pfSense, SSH, VPN, yada yada.

I see a few (mostly pay) RDP/VNC apps on the Market. In my experience RDP has always been much snappier to a Windows box than VNC to a *nix machine.

Color depth of 15-bit or higher is fine for my needs here. The
    "*" in the thread title refers to the resolution. I'm probably okay without scaling if I can go 800x600 and scroll up/down. Of course that isn't quite "full" on the width... thus the "*". Mostly I'm concerned with responsiveness. And all I need is for touch to = click.

If VNC is easier on the client side (better remote experience from the droid) I can easily do everything I want on a *nix box.

Advertisement
  2. Jtwo

Jtwo Member

Uh, since you know your network stuff do you think you could give me a hand getting VNC connected to my mac?

It was working fine from my iPhone and I've copied the same settings over to the Droid.

3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I just tried Remoid - was working fine until I pulled the KB out - then it FC'd - I reconnected and started typing and it FC'd again.

Doubt I am going to pay for an RDC right now - but since I am on Windows 7, and my laptop is also, and it has the clients built in, perhaps I'll just fire up the lappy when I need access....