Sneak peek from Casio?General

1. mRahmani

mRahmani Member

So I was poking around for some news - any news - on a successor to the Commando, and I came across the G'Zone Facebook fan page:

https://www.facebook.com/GzOneFan

What's that red phone they have in the banner? Some international variant... or something new?

Advertisement
    :
  2. tsp_2177

tsp_2177 Well-Known Member

Looks like an international variant to me. I like my matte black finish better anyway :)
  3. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

japan's version. 8 MP camera. unrootable I believe.
    john58ford likes this.
  4. john58ford

john58ford Well-Known Member

True info from jova, thats actualy been out for nearly 6 months over there in Japanland, definately not a sneak peak of the future. If your wondering about a Gen 2 commando we already have a post open for that, showing pictures of a watch styled monster that I won't be picking up if released as shown. Try the search function, or browse a couple pages deep.
  5. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

The other thing is a G-SHOCK phone though, not a G'zOne. So it can't really be called Commando's successor. More like its brother from another mother.
  6. tsp_2177

tsp_2177 Well-Known Member

I didn't like the looks of it either. I couldn't stand having all the touch buttons on the side of the phone thats why I went ahead and got the commando a little over a month ago. I know it was an older phone but I'd rather have tough than latest and greatest. And I can strap some floats to it while we are out on the boat. Also when I got my phone there were to many unknowns on the g shock phone. I mean I has sim on one corner and that could either mean 4g for Verizon or GSM so I didn't want to risk it. And even if it was faster I wouldn't care cause its hideous.
  7. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

if i weren't physically broken, and were still doing tough guy stuff like crossing mountains for no reason, the G-SHOCK would suit me.

but i've got college and the mundane lined up for me.