SNES emulators and game ROMS

1. cmontgomery

cmontgomery New Member

How do you get the emulators and the ROMS on the phone? I am completely confused about it. And what site do ya'll recommend to download the emulators and games from. Thanks for the help in advance.

Advertisement
    :
  2. download a program called snesoid from the market place. thats the emulator i use and its great. try the free one and if you like it spend the 4 bucks and buy it.

as far as roms go just google search snes roms and a list of sites will come up. unzip them if they are zipped and throw them on the sd card.

launch the emulator, tell it where the roms are, and enjoy.

ps if you get snesoid play around with the screen settings and on screen keypad.
  3. Tyzing

Tyzing Active Member

Just did this yesterday! I downloaded about 30 games! google "coolrom" that's all I will say as to where to find them b/c I'm not sure about rules as to posting links like that

Is there any way to change the settings of the sensor? I tried to do that on some of the racing games like Mario Cart but it's WAYYYYYY to sensitive
  4. ubigred

ubigred Member

I downloaded the sega genesis emulator from Android Market...and then I went to coolroms.com to download some old school games. I tried Altered Beast and Streets of Rage 3 , both for some reason did not work on my EVO....any suggestions as to why?

Thanks for the help.
  5. IXIShogunR1

IXIShogunR1 Well-Known Member

did you DL them with the phone?
  6. ubigred

ubigred Member

I downloaded them to my phone , yes
  7. thaboyz

thaboyz Well-Known Member

Quick question since im new to Android and am STILL waiting for my pre-order to come in. Do you have to have your phone rooted to use the emulators and roms?
  8. LiquidLife

LiquidLife Well-Known Member

Snesoid - when you download the app and open it up, there will be an option to search for roms through Snesoid.

Otherwise search for them, download them to your microsd, and open them through Snesoid. You can keep them in .zip format, no need to unzip.

Also see http://androidforums.com/all-things...luetooth-keyboard-wii-controller-support.html

We need to get support to be able to use the Wii Controller to play our emulators with!
    synergy7 likes this.
  9. No you do not have to have your phone rooted.

I found that when i downloaded them straight to the phone that it didnt know how to handle the rom itself after it was unzipped. Maybe i had a re re moment but i said screw it and just dled them to the linux box, unzipped, and transferred.
    thaboyz likes this.
  10. Gonkutron3000

Gonkutron3000 Well-Known Member

Get ROM Buddy from the market!
  11. emac

emac Well-Known Member

I tried to play some games but I found it way too hard with the touch screen buttons. Not sure how you guys were able to get used to it to make the games fun.
  12. vkdroid

vkdroid Well-Known Member

Well quick-twitch and action games are always going to be troublesome. RPGs are great on it.
  13. Krandor311

Krandor311 Member

Yup, stick to RPGs. The multitouch issues with Snesoid make twitch action games not so hot, but slower paced action games (Kirby for example) are ok.
  14. SebastianX

SebastianX Well-Known Member

Waiting for PSX emulator to be ported FFX would be so hot!
  15. Palomino

Palomino Well-Known Member

Will any emulator work on the EVO or does it have to be specific to the EVO? I want the nindento ds emulator on it and I went to coolroms but dunno which to download...
  16. LiquidLife

LiquidLife Well-Known Member

Evo specific.
  17. Palomino

Palomino Well-Known Member

Where can I find these free online? Im cheap lol.
  18. swazey

swazey Well-Known Member

just do a search for "snes roms" or "nes roms." i did a search and found a torrent with 800+ nes games and another with 500+ snes games. both files together were under 300 megs.

mostly all the games that i have tried played great on my evo. some of the rom files do not open. some have audio lag, some have video lag (all very little). but with over 1000 nintendo games to try, a few not working isnt so bad.

as stated above, to play the NES roms you need to download NESoid from the android market and to play the SNES roms you need to download SNESoid from the android market. if you like the emulators, or if you want to be able to save most of your games, you should buy the full version.
    evomattnc likes this.
  19. sheryip

sheryip Member

psx is ps1 not ps2
  20. GoldenStatePanda

GoldenStatePanda Well-Known Member

i got snesoid lite but cant figure out if there's an 8 way dpad..4 way doesn't cut it. i need diagonals! until then i haven't touched it. shame too because if there were an 8way pad i'd probably buy the program. :(
  21. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member

There is, and I think it is enabled by default. If you go into the settings, then virtual keypad settings, you can see that "4-way dpad" is an option. Mine is unchecked and diagonals sort of work.
  22. Roadblock

Roadblock Well-Known Member

Well, remember SNES didn't even HAVE a 8way pad sooooooo.
  23. rayu112582

rayu112582 Member

Has anyone found full screen roms for the EVO all mins are only half screen size?
  24. v01rider

v01rider Well-Known Member

marked for future! thanks!!
  25. mattpsx2

mattpsx2 Well-Known Member

I laugh every time someone asks where to get roms. For one, on almost EVERY forum you're not allowed to discuss where to obtain them. But also, it's extremely easy to find them with the power of Google. How else did people find out about this forum?