1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Snes & Rom help

Last Updated:

1. LeoParker

LeoParker New Member This Topic's Starter

i recently bought an evo 4g ( great phone ! ) and i have been looking at the forums on how to properly get it to work. I downloaded the snesnoid lite and androzip. Then i downloaded the rom ( that i have ;p) off a couple of sites. Everytime i do download the rom, it ends up as a " .bin" file. Is this uncommon? im not sure as wheither it's the site or just a setting in my phone thats making it a bin file. any help on this?

Advertisement
  2. Zimpo

Zimpo Active Member

I believe snesoid is looking for .smc files.

3. LeoParker

LeoParker New Member This Topic's Starter

when i dl the file and unzip it. it seems to have multiple files of .smc

im not sure if this is the particular rom that i download ( mario rpg ). What if the game start to blink rapidly. is there something with my settings that i need to change or is the rom defective?

4. jcash3

jcash3 Well-Known Member

I have done a lot of searching for mario rpg, and have found that there was some kind of chip or something that made that game different than others. I have read in many different forums that game won't work. I have downloaded a couple of roms for in and none of them have worked.

Let me know if you get one because that was one of my favorite games on the snes

5. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

If you download a rom with multiple files in it, most likely you have different regions, countries.

I usually run the ones with an (U) next to it (United States) If it has an "I" that means verified good dump (Rom dump)