1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

snesoid and other emulator help

Last Updated:

1. flybikescraig

flybikescraig New Member This Topic's Starter

okay a have a general idea of how to use an emulator. i have a list of games at my disposal. so when i find the game i want, i save it to a destination on my computer, then i mount my sd card through my phone, throw the game onto the sd card (anywhere) via my computer. then no matter if i unmount or stay mounted, ill run the emulator on my mytouch, search for where i put the game. click on it, then it will take me to a blank screen as if it wants to load the game. and since i have the free versions of these emulators i also see the ads at the bottom, so i know it didnt crash. it just isnt loading:confused:

Advertisement
  2. ROBIN50N

ROBIN50N Well-Known Member

ive got the nexus one and paid for all his emus, ive downloaded the games via phone browser but no matter what i do they never load. i used to use them no problem on g1 and htc magic:(

3. turbosol16

turbosol16 Well-Known Member

I just installed the emulator, downloaded a few games to my computer and unziped them. Then I made a folder on my phone called games which I put all ROM's in. Mounted the SD Card and pulled the unzipped files into the games folder. Worked the first time on my Nexus One.

I tried Sega Genesis, SNES, NES and GBA and they all worked perfectly. With GBA you have to download and install a file before it works but very easy to do.

4. flybikescraig

okay so i guess what i need is a step by step tutorial of what to do when putting a game on the phone, from the second i download it to what i do when i put it on my phone, do i extract the game itself? when i do that it comes up as a file with just a white page icon next to it but it is a .gbc file then

5. turbosol16

turbosol16 Well-Known Member

I unzip the file myself on my computer and then drag the extracted file to my phone.

6. ROBIN50N

ROBIN50N Well-Known Member

ive done that now and it works, use to be able to do it all via the fone though.

7. Chatchie

Chatchie Member

Download ASTRO through the market.Make a roms folder. Then in that folder make a NES, SNES, etc. folder. Mount your phone. Drag the data file of your rom, from your PC to your mounted phone, into the folder for the emulator it goes with.

Enjoy.

8. flybikescraig

okay i figured out how to do all the snes and nes emu's and roms. but now the question is, how to do gba games. i heard they are more difficult than other platforms

9. flybikescraig

oh and is ASTRO better than ES file explorer? in your opinion, and why if so