• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Snesoid/Gameboid very slow... Any workarounds?

tannerw_2010

May 23, 2010
Ok so I got my Sprint Hero a couple days ago, and one of the first things I did was download Snesoid and Gameboid. Added some roms, and they loaded up fine, except they are so choppy, it is not playable. In attempts to make it run smoother, I cleared everything off of my main screens, and used Advanced app killer to make sure everything was off. Still, not much better. I was wondering if anyone has any clues as to what I should do? I am thinking about getting a Class 6 micro SD card, I heard that it would help, but would it help that much? Please let me know if there is anything I can do. I have searched Google for many different possible solutions, but none of them have worked so far. Any ideas?

I am running Android 2.1; it isn't any faster than 1.5 as far as the emulators go FWIW.

And I already posted this in the Games section, nobody there was any help so that is why I am posting it here if you are wondering.

Lastly, is it true that the full version is faster? Doesn't seem like that would be true

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones