SNESoid rom issues...heeeelp!

Last Updated:

1. gamergrl29

gamergrl29 New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got the samsung captivate and downloaded the snesoid and androzip apps. i went to download a rom from doperoms.com and it would not let me downoad it. it says download unsuccessful and not supported by this phone =( how do i fix or work around this?

Advertisement
  2. di11igaf

di11igaf Member

you need to root your phone to enable sideloading(easiest way imo) but there are ways to do it without rooting using sideload wonder machine.. check out xda-developes.com forum for info about rooting and enabling sideloading. here is a link to the sideload program without rooting
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=236589

3. 8th sin

8th sin Member

sideloading isn't the issue, it's that the stock browser will only allow you to download content that it thinks the phone supports. Since you have androzip, you can extract archives but the browser doesn't know this.

Download Astro file manager in the market and go Menu key -> more -> preferences -> and check enable browser downloads. There may be more elegant ways to do this, but this is the only way I know how.

beware though, alot of ROMs out on the internet are not compatible with SNESoid.