SNesoid virtual buttons unresponsiveSupport

Last Updated:

1. Vertigo-1

Vertigo-1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Greetings.

I recently purchased a Galaxy S (Vibrant) and have been loving it. I was excited to get some emulators and load up my favorite classic games, but it feels like the on screen "virtual keypad" is very unresponsive when trying to rapid press a button (for example in Turtles in Time, spamming attack button).

The problem seems to be even more frequent if I'm spamming attack while moving with the D pad. Sometimes having to press 'X' 3 or 4 times before my Turtle swipes even once. It's very frustrating. And then continuously tapping 'X' will only yield a follow-up strike every 2nd or third press.

Another annoyance is that pressing two buttons at once can be troublesome. I'm aware that there are a couple of "two button presses" options but I honestly have not been able to tell the difference between any of the settings and if anyone could explain to me what the differences are and what might work best for me, I'd appreciate it.

An example of my issue with pressing (and holding) two buttons at once is in Donkey Kong Country 2. If I'm holding 'Y' to sprint and then jump with Dixie with 'B' while holding 'Y' it will assume I pressed 'Y' a second time after letting go of 'B' automatically triggering her hair helicopter move prematurely which is incredibly annoying.

The games are certainly playable and it's not as if the buttons don't work at all, they just seem clumsy and consistently unresponsive, and was wondering if that was normal or if maybe something was wrong. I have had no touch screen issues with my phone thus far, everything is going perfect. My only hypothesis is that perhaps the adhesive screen protector I put on my Galaxy is maybe making this more unresponsive than it normally would be? I've never had any issues in the past few days I've had it, so I don't think that's it but that's my only theory unless SNesoid is just like this for everybody.

Advertisement