Snesoid

Last Updated:

1. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

SNESOID has just had an update (as have NES, GBA, etc) and now feature onscreen Y and B buttons. Updated also for multi-touch on Nexus One.

I've played Mario Kart, Mario World 3 and Sensible Soccer so far and it seems great.

Advertisement
  2. markouk

markouk Well-Known Member

WooHoo. Need to get that.

3. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

need to find reliable roms LOL; )

4. MartinS

coolroms.com

They've all worked so far. Just put the .zip file in a folder on your SD card and launch Snesoid, then press "load rom".

5. semianonymous

semianonymous Active Member

Nesoid has the update as well. Castlevania III and Shatterhand are now playable

All hail the multitouch

6. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

I'm not seeing anything there but an open domain

7. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Does this also work with the lite version? Because when I try to load roms it says load ROM failed.

8. mudrock1000

mudrock1000 Well-Known Member

Here is my problems with it and I'm gonna go off of the emulator on my itouch on issues i have.

1)Dpad - ok why was it moved? this really really irritates me.
    2) Size of the buttons could be alot better. The emus on the itouch take up a good amount of space so that way you don't have to be as precise.
    3) amount of buttons - I guess this will be fixed with future buttons, but it just seems like i might as well use my hardware buttons on it, so basically the only playabe emulator is still the NES

And just as a suggestion, a fullerscreen with the buttons ontop of the game would be fantastic. Great work though it's still not the quality it probably will be in a few updates.

9. MartinS

The buttons are still an issue. As the emulator only has 2 then some games don't have all features or don't really play at all. However there are lots that do.

I guess Nesoid is better as I think I'm correct in thinking that NES only had 2 button controllers?

10. androidtx

androidtx Well-Known Member

The problem the developer is having is trying to listen to the opinions of EVERYONE. People keep complaining about button and dpad placement and he keeps moving it. I spoke to him yesterday about this issue, and suggested he build button placement movement into the settings, and he said he will do this, and that an update should be out soon that will allow people to choose where they want the buttons and dpad.

This developer is fantastic, and has been since day 1. He got into the trap of trying to please everyone though.

11. richie021501

richie021501 Well-Known Member

Yea I've talked to the developer as well, seems like a cool guy and I give him props for updating his emus. At least he's really paying attention to what people want unlike a lot of developers out there. Emulators could still use some work as the multitouch isn't working as well as it could but I think that's more of a problem with the nexus one the the actual emulators as he said the multitouch on the nexus one was giving him trouble

Hopefully we continue to see updates like this in the future as being able to play emulators on my cliq was one of my favorite things about the phone, so it would be incredibly awesome to be able to do the same on this phone as well!

12. Fairbanks

Fairbanks Member

So I have the lite version and whenever I DL a game it just says "rom not supported". Anyone have any ideas to where I can find roms that "are" supported??

13. marvinrock

marvinrock Well-Known Member

I love this program and have zero complaints about it, but does it update multiple times a week? 2-3 times a week I get an "Update Found" notification with SNESoid/NESoid/GENSoid all having been updated - is this correct?