1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

SNESroid help please!

Last Updated:

1. Chameo

Chameo New Member This Topic's Starter

I have been trying to download some roms now for a while to my Ally. I have followed the tutorials, payed for the app, found roms, and when i try to download it, always 1 of 2 things happens.

1st: it says that the file isnt supported by my phone
    2nd I download the zip file, and open it in androzip and it says "unzip operation failed.

this has happened now for like 10 game files now. any help would eb awesome!

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

I always download the ROM versions of my games on my computer, unzip them, and then transfer them to my phone via USB. This has always worked for me in the past.

Also keep in mind that using a ROM of a game that you own is perfectly legal, however downloading and keeping ROMs that you do now own could be viewed as illegal. Have fun! :)

3. i2ichal2d

i2ichal2d Member

withsnesoid u dont have ot unzip the rom. just drop the .zip into your sd and then open the zip with sesoid should run

4. Chameo

ahh i see, is there a specific place i should drop the zip file?

5. Chameo

I ask because snesoid finally opened a game, but there was no game, just the controller on a black screen....

6. Pob3008

Pob3008 New Member

I've been unzipping mine on my pc then transferring them to a folder i named games an then just run them with snesoid, the files i've been using are all .smc and work great.

7. Chameo

pob where do you d/l roms from? on romfind, they are all zip files from what ive seen

8. lakai113

lakai113 Well-Known Member

yea i have like 8 games from doperoms.com and i tried to download one today and it wouldnt let me.. i have no idea why.. i guess i gotta do it the long way

9. Chilly McFreeze

Chilly McFreeze Well-Known Member

This isn't actually true - while under American law you ARE entitled to a backup of your games it must be made by you, and from your copy - there's a statement on Nintendo's website that says this.

All I'm saying is that while ethically there is absolutely nothing wrong with downloading a ROM you only the cartridge for, legally there is - I just don't want people thinking they're on the right side of the law when they actually might not be.

10. Pob3008

Pob3008 New Member

am I allowed to post where i got the roms from?