• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SNESroid help please!

Chameo

Lurker
Sep 10, 2010
I have been trying to download some roms now for a while to my Ally. I have followed the tutorials, payed for the app, found roms, and when i try to download it, always 1 of 2 things happens.

1st: it says that the file isnt supported by my phone
2nd I download the zip file, and open it in androzip and it says "unzip operation failed.

this has happened now for like 10 game files now. any help would eb awesome!

I always download the ROM versions of my games on my computer, unzip them, and then transfer them to my phone via USB. This has always worked for me in the past.

Also keep in mind that using a ROM of a game that you own is perfectly legal, however downloading and keeping ROMs that you do now own could be viewed as illegal. Have fun! :)

Upvote 0
I always download the ROM versions of my games on my computer, unzip them, and then transfer them to my phone via USB. This has always worked for me in the past.

Also keep in mind that using a ROM of a game that you own is perfectly legal, however downloading and keeping ROMs that you do now own could be viewed as illegal. Have fun! :)

This isn't actually true - while under American law you ARE entitled to a backup of your games it must be made by you, and from your copy - there's a statement on Nintendo's website that says this.

All I'm saying is that while ethically there is absolutely nothing wrong with downloading a ROM you only the cartridge for, legally there is - I just don't want people thinking they're on the right side of the law when they actually might not be.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones