• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root So annoyed/confused

tommy_ed

Android Expert
Feb 26, 2010
I've been trying to root all day now. Went with the guide that uses SDK and my computer wouldnt detect the driver software I installed with it. I dont want to use the root app because it only lets you use certain roms (as far as i understand from it) someone suggested going into the IRC chat and having someone walk me through it, but when someone actually answers me (which is about 10% of the time) they dont have an eris and can't help me. (im on #android-root chatroom)... someone suggested following theunlockr.com's method, but I'm not sure it is meant for 2.1 OTA since it mentions that it will install 2.1 and was last updated towards the beginning of april (before the OTA)

PLEASE somebody help me out here! hahaha:thinking:

You have the option of installing whatever ROM you want after you have finished using the EMA application.

Sure, you might initially install something you don't want - but you can immediately replace whatever initial choice you made after you have finished using EMA by using the (Amon_RA) recovery console.

Just download the ROM you want to the root of your SD card, and it will be sitting there ready to install with a recovery boot (start phone with Vol-up + End/Power) as soon as you finish up with EMA - you never even need to use the ROM that it installs.

Personally, I haven't ever used EMA, so I'm not sure if you need to resolve PC driver issues first or not before you use it. (If you do, have a look at the Android Driver Install Instructions for Windows.

eu1

Reactions: tommy_ed
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones