1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

So can we run Flash now on 2.2?General

1. Billkwando

Billkwando Well-Known Member

and if so, where do you download it? Adobe is incredibly evasive about it on the web.

Advertisement
    :
  2. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

Download flash player 10.1 from the market. I would suggest setting plugins to on demand in your browser, otherwise heavy flash pages will slow your phone to a crawl. It's been my observation that everyone wants 2.2 badly to get flash and then once they get it, realize that flash on a phone isn't all that useful.
  3. Billkwando

Yeah it's not on the market for me, just the "showcase" app.

Yeah, I figured as much. You know how it is, I wanna do it (like Mt. Everest) "cos it's there", lol. Fortunately, Dolphin HD gives you that exact same tip about setting to "on demand", so that's nice.

I honestly wouldn't get that much use out of it anyway, cos I use Opera Mini almost exclusively, and they don't support flash. (They don't support a lot of things, unfortunately, but I've been using them since the flip phone, and it's always been good for me, speed wise)

I was just surprised that nobody had even asked about Flash yet on here (being the ambitious chaps we are) so I figured I'd be "that guy".
  4. one80oneday

one80oneday Well-Known Member

Not sure what the big deal is with Flash anyways. Sure some sites use it but for most sites the only flash is ads. Opera said they're working on getting flash working and should release an update next year sometime.
  5. Billkwando

Yeah, and I don't know what the native android YouTube player uses (3gp?) but the videos look AWESOME.

Check this out on your phone:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVZDiR-NaEs
    (great band, wussy song)