• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So did anyone actually buy one?

I did and although I'm happy with the phone it's very early days, as I'm moving from a wm6.5 background so getting used to the many changes/differences so it will take some time.

I bought mine on pre-order from expanysys and it arrived yesterday morning.

In the box came a two part charger (similar to the one that comes with the DHD) it's meant to assemble, mine doesn't! the two parts simply won't plug together!? am I alone or are they all this way?!

I've heard from expansys this morning:

"seen a series of internal e-mails being bounced regarding this, i am confident the issue will be resolved directly & the correct charger components will be shipped to you FOC"

so this looks to be a manufacturing or shipping flaw/problem and hopefully I'll be sent a new charger!

Anone else in the same boat?

Just received mine from O2 on Business contract after getting shafted on the foreskin of technology with the dear old Samsung i7500. Just connected to it my PC all drivers loaded except for Android Phone. Go to HTC site and of course nothing yet up for the Desire S.

After being stuck on 1.5, 2.3.3 is bliss.

Hey Ho Hum.....

There should be a copy of the latest version of HTC Sync on the SD card that came with the phone.

HTC website also has this version available to download (v3.0.5517)

Reactions: BlueNose
Upvote 0
I just bought one in Denmark where im from for a good price of 3400 Dkr.
im a first time android and smartphone user so i love it. think okay place to start. But i cannot understand why it sometime start and app by it self or thats what advanced task killer says.
Have the Black version very pretty phone. the lid for the batt and stuff is a bit stupid made so if you change batt and sim alot, maybe look at another phone but who does that??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones