Last Updated:

1. Baldycmw

Baldycmw Active Member This Topic's Starter

If you put a case on what kind?

Advertisement
  2. oPEEPINGTOMo

oPEEPINGTOMo Well-Known Member

I would like to know as well.

Anyone know of any reputable places online that sell a silicone case that is well made for it. Or even plastic cases that fit on the same way the silicone ones do, im talkin about the soft-moldable-rubbery plastic cases.

3. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

I got one each of the High Gloss Silicone Cover (SAMI500SILHGXXX), and the Dual Cover (SAMI500HGCOVXXX) which is a dual material, hard silicone on the edges and a clear plastic with matte finish on the back from Verizon. The last three XXX on the end of the product code is the color code.

They both fit really well. :)

4. Darkhan

Darkhan Well-Known Member

Got the same one and very please with it, got Red but wish they had one in black.

5. orangemt246

orangemt246 New Member

I got the Body Glove case. I need a case due to work and if the phone is dropped, it will bounce. The clip is a little flimsy though.

6. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

Here's my case. Picked it up at Verizon.

Attached Files:

7. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Yep, that's the one I got from Verizon as well. Blue for me, and red for the wife. :)

P.S. Take that "Made in China" sticker out of the case near the bottom inside, it will make your phone look better from the back. :cool: :D

8. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

I love the case. Makes it easy to grip, yet not any thicker. And the hard back makes it feel a lot more durable.

9. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

LOL. Naa. Thats how i roll. :p:cool:

10. oPEEPINGTOMo

I got the same one in black to keep the original look

11. summerfish

summerfish Well-Known Member

I went to the store and hoped that they had the high gloss but they didn't. I want to see it on the phone, but the red silicone/hard case was an option and I liked it but wasn't so sure. But seeing it on the phone in the photo here, I may get it. But I want to see a High Gloss case photo.

12. summerfish

summerfish Well-Known Member

BTW, I like how there is a lip on the front. That helps with dropping phone to prevent the screen from scratching excessively.

13. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

I wanted one with a small lip, so i could sit my phone face down without stressing about it.

14. Baldycmw

is that red case a bumper case like the iphone 4 case or does it cover the back.

15. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

it covers the entire back

16. makemehavefun

makemehavefun Well-Known Member

I have the blue one as well, very happy I decided to go with this case. I didn't buy a case, or screen protectors for that matter, the day I picked up this phone. However, after walking outta the store with this thing in my hand it dawned on me that I was completely surrounded by concrete and pavement...

One purchase I am not happy with are the "Anti-Glare" screen protectors that I wasted $15 on. The SAMOLED display, as I previously stated, works its magic when hit with the sun's rays. Sure, it's an extra, protective film coat on a beautiful display... but it makes it look perpetually dirty and grimy. That's how it looks to me. I'm looking at those "Reallook" screen protectors from Amazon. Cheaper too.

17. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

I hate screen protectors. The Fascinate has gorilla glass, so i am more than comfortable with that. Gorilla glass hasnt failed me yet.

18. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

"However, after walking outta the store with this thing in my hand it dawned on me that I was completely surrounded by concrete and pavement... "

thats too funny

19. Baldycmw

Thanks for the info on the case. I don't like screen protectors either. I feel like the cheapen the phone especially the anti-glare.

20. oPEEPINGTOMo

I took some shots to show the black High Gloss Silicone Case from Verizon. I paid 16 bucks for it after my discount. Overall i like it a lot because it is semi transparent and you can see the "Galaxy S" through the back, and also it just matches the phone's original look really well, while also providing the "lip" on the front of the phone to keep the screen from getting rubbed if turned over.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nader2013 and saps like this.
  21. aklexie

aklexie Member

If you get the silicon case for the phone (or any case for that matter) will you have to take it off to plug it into the desk cradle? I have not used cases in the past for my blackberry or my eris (so I am a definite newbie on this one) but this phone is so light I am afraid a puff of wind will blow it right out of my hand.

22. oPEEPINGTOMo

I'm not 100% sure on that. The case doesn't add very much thickness to the phone, it fits very tight. Just depends on how snug the desk cradle fits. Might want to go to the store and see if they can try it for you.

aklexie likes this.
  23. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

Man, after reading this thread I went over to my local Verizon store and they don't even have any cases for the Fascinate yet. :/

24. substring

substring Well-Known Member

I bought the black silicon cover that has the rubber texture. I like that over the clear case because it looks better and it gives me a better grip of the phone.

It completely covers up the power button and the volume rocker button, but provides a raise hump over those buttons. It helps me to find the power button much easier than before because it is raised.

@burningembers, you might have gone to the wrong store. The one I went to has many covers and cases. :)

25. oPEEPINGTOMo

The store i went to thought that they didn't have any but they ended up being all in the back, so be sure to make them check.