Last Updated: 2010-10-31 06:19:34

Do you recommend the Backflip?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. I own the Sprint EPIC 4G as my main phone, but I also use a GSM phone for when I'm overseas. I'm thinking of buying a Backflip for this purpose off EBay or something.

State why or why not in as much detail as you can.

Advertisement
  2. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

I own a captivate and a backflip just for the social networking aspect

personally if u wanted to go low end just get an HTC ARIA because it performs better but id even recommend just getting an xperia
  3. back flippin fool

back flippin fool New Member

i love my back flip. it is the first smart phine i have owned and it does everything i need it to do and more. good camera, good flash. love motoblur. my wife agrees
  4. das8nt

das8nt Member

I voted Yes, but let me explain why....

Since you already have the Epic with a QWERTY hardware keyboard, then you more than likely like that feature. The Backflip is currently the only Android option with a hardware keyboard on AT&T (here's hoping...). If you're OK modding your phone and want to tackle rooting it then you can delete some of the AT&T bloatware and have it running a bit quicker than stock AT&T. It's also one of the least expensive to purchase from eBay, I got mine in a brand new state for about $160. (Arias are around $300)

I got it for the keyboard, but otherwise I would go with an HTC (Aria) if available. Afterall, the BF is still waiting for the official 2.1 update, and that's where it will end; 1.5 has some issues, but nothing that makes the phone unusable. After I rooted mine I started to like it more.

My 2 cents.