So do I keep my old battery or stick with the new one?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. shroville

shroville Member This Topic's Starter

just got my second evo and was wondering since I was getting up to 48 hours of straight idle should I keep my old battery and send the new one back to Sprint?

the new battery has the silver lining and my old one has no metal showing. I'm just afraid I will loose my battery life sticking with the new battery.

any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Oridus

Oridus Well-Known Member

It's more going to depend on how your phone is setup rather than the battery itself. When I got my 2nd evo, i just took the new battery, re-setup the evo to my liking. It's been off the charger for 12 hours now and is still at 91% (was sleeping)

3. SporkLover

SporkLover Well-Known Member

Usually if they mailed you a replacement all they want returned is the phone. They don't care about the battery or the battery door.

I did this 3-4 Times with my TP, and once with a TP2

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

I would be careful with that. If they sent you a whole phone, battery, and cables, they want them all back. If they sent you just a replacement with nothing but the phone, then that's what you send back. They currently dont have any "replacement" evo's, so they are just sending everyone new in box one's. you can try it if you want, but i'm sure you will get charged if they find stuff missing.

5. laredo7mm

laredo7mm Well-Known Member

6. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

The instructions included on the return envelope usually says to just return the phone by itself, without battery or accessories.

7. SporkLover

SporkLover Well-Known Member

Return Envelope instructions ask for the phone only. No cables, manuals, or any other accessories need to go back.

If you search on PPCGeeks, you'll find a few topics where this has been beaten to death.

Part of the refurb process is a new battery and new battery door. You can even confirm this with your local sprint store. Many times, if you exchange through a brick and mortar store, they will keep the batteries and battery doors, and use them for spare parts for when someone has phone issues. Otherwise these items would just be tossed.

8. AndyBones

AndyBones Well-Known Member

inc2 gets sent refurbs with back door. u can keep them and not send back old one.. been done twice now..

9. sitlet

sitlet Banned

OK, well that's Verizon, and they have different policies than Sprint.

10. Shawnz

Shawnz Well-Known Member

I've done 2 Assurion Swaps.

The first was a refurb and was a battery-less phone. the refurb was in poor condition and upon complaining Assurion sent me a brand new one. I sent back the phone less the battery, memory card, charger etc as-per the instructions provided. It all went great and I got an extra battery / charger / microSD in the process.