1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

So does ROM manager give us a warm fuzzy feeling?

1. luvmedroid

luvmedroid Active Member

So Forum what is the general consensus on ROM manager? Is it safe and sound to use. I have been watching some youtube videos on it and it looks pretty cool and convenient. Way back in the day when I was rooting my

Advertisement
    :
  2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

ROM Manager is ok... I wouldn't use it to flash anything other than CWM though (I've heard that flashing ROM's using it can cause issues. I have used it to download ROM's on to the phone before, but have always then booted in to CWM and flashed myself. I now don't bother with ROM Manager and just get ROM zips straight from XDA, etc. My advice would be to do the same :)

Haven't tried CWM Touch, only got the last (non-touch) version on my phone, but I do intend to change that soon. I think that there is a
    luvmedroid likes this.
  3. CDPlant

CDPlant Let's dooo-ooo it Guide

Yeah, I flashed 4ext touch recovery last night and used it for a new rom, it's really good! The backup time is really quick and doing a full wipe and putting a new rom on is very easy :)
    Mehta23, D-U-R-X and luvmedroid like this.
  4. D-U-R-X

Ah - good to hear you went for it... is it as simple as downloading the app and then using it to flash the recovery? I am looking to do it this weekend (as haven't had the spare time at the moment) :)
  5. CDPlant

CDPlant Let's dooo-ooo it Guide

Yeah pretty much, just get the 4ext recovery updater and you can choose a version to flash (I went for the last RC; there are some experimental ones that are newer but didn't want to risk anything!) and you're good to go :) I am very impressed with the backup speed (~1 min for the whole ROM backup!)
    D-U-R-X likes this.
  6. D-U-R-X

Will try it out this weekend :)
  7. christofus

christofus New Member

fwiw i have used it successfully on cwm, but trying to do a different rom - it nearly bricked my phone and i had to reboot it by installing the adk kit and using command line etc.