So far... I like ICSGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Eris1981

Eris1981 Well-Known Member

I am not as keen on the app drawer transitions, but once I updated my apps so they wouldn't FC this is snappy. Chrome for ICS is soooo Fast compared to Dolphin or the Honeycomb browser.

My tablet didn't notify me, but for giggles I did a "check for software update" and it found it.

2. clgwli

clgwli Well-Known Member

I just updated here and I have to say the new browser is amazing! No lags with typing and loads a lot faster than it used to - and that's for all the pages I go to so far. I'm happy so far.

Off to make sure my favorite apps still work ;)
  3. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I just got it myself and am trying it out. It seems very responsive with the keyboard dock. That was an issue before. I'm using the stock browser right now to type this message.
  4. Stuntman

Trying out Dolphin HD now. Sorry just wanted to type to see how well it works. Pretty good. I just noticed that the spell check works on this browser. Pretty cool.
  5. Eris1981

Eris1981 Well-Known Member

I tried to move a file within Polaris Office from the internal memory to the microsd... the copy failed and it deleted/lost the original. That is no good...
  6. Stuntman

I've been having difficulty with viewing Flash videos. It seems that I cannot tap on the full-screen icon to bring the video full screen. Every browser I tried, Dolphin HD, Dolphin for Pad and the stock browser has this issue for many Flash videos. I had to update to the latest version of Flash. I can view the videos on the page normally, but cannot maximise to full screen.
  7. vosg

vosg Well-Known Member

So far I'm quite happy with ICS. It runs smoother and looks more polished. There are some things I don't like though...

- Bookmarks in stock browser can't be shown in list format any more, it only allows icons.
    - The fast scroller in the stock browser has gone.
    - User agent string setting in stock browser has gone.
    - Gallery no longer allows 'only pictures' setting.
    - Gallery still ignores .nomedia files.
    - I use Hackers Keyboard. The key click sound has gone.
  8. eddiewawa

eddiewawa Well-Known Member

for the user agent string, download ics browser + on the market, same as stock but with the user agent string added lol
    mihaelb, Mackfini and fldude99 like this.
  9. vosg

vosg Well-Known Member

Thanks, but it still leaves me wondering why the hell Google left it out...
  10. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

You can still change it with stock. type "about:debug" (no quotes) in the address bar and click go. then go to menu>settings>debug>UAString
  11. James161324

James161324 Active Member

So far so good. I was mostly looking forward to being able to try out Google chrome. Biggest thing i notices was the imput lag on the keyboard dock seems to be alot less
  12. park13

park13 Member

Are you talking about the scroller on the right side of the screen?

13. vosg

vosg Well-Known Member

Yes, that's it. I really miss it, hope they bring it back...
  14. clgwli

clgwli Well-Known Member

It is still there for me when I scroll.
  15. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

That's strange. I still have that scroller on stock browser after ICS update.
  16. Stuntman

The scroller is still there for me, too.
  17. vosg

vosg Well-Known Member

It's back today. Not sure what caused it to disappear ...