So far so good

Last Updated:

1. samson_420

samson_420 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well, I just got this phone in yesterday off e*** for 270 Bucks. This is hopefully going to be my 2G iPhone replacement.

I had my iPhone for almost 2 years and I know that thing like the back of my hand.

So, we shall see how this thing goes.

I really wanted 3G speeds and with a iPhone on a tMobile network that is a no go.

So far it seems to be doing well. Battery is lasting alright so far(4 hours lost 35% with non stop use).

Followed a few post on here, changed the key board to the HTC style. Added a few widgets and it seems to be damn decent really.

My old school grandfathered t-Zones even works on this phone straight out of the box with no APN editing.

I will post back with more helpfull BS for this phone when I find it.

Advertisement
  2. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

Hey thats great. Yea I've seen some decent battery life on the phone as well. Though there is a thread about those soo who seem to have an issue with that. I just think its because they are running the phone into the ground and expecting more.

Hehe nothing wrong with t-zones, its what I had for the longest time. Though you should really think about going to one of the new plans. I know I've saved alot of money.

3. samson_420

There is absolutely nothing different about T-Zones to what ever BS they are trying to force down people's throats.

I understand, but it is still BS.

It really does seem like a decent phone so far. This is not my first Android phone. I have pretty much had every GSM Android. MyTouch and a G1. . . . I gave both away since they were total shit. G1 was just not my style and the MyTouch is a total joke.

4. bigch0ps

bigch0ps Well-Known Member

I would rather have a mytouch I think ...

5. adien666

adien666 Well-Known Member

I like my G1 but am really liking this phone too! And battery life is alot better compared to my G1!

6. samson_420

Well, crap. . . . I just had a random reset. Lovely, the battery was at 20%

7. samson_420

Shit, it's been a few days now. No more resets, battery lasts like a mother. Today: 12+ hours of heavy use, still at 30%.

Still running a few widgets.

8. culo77

culo77 Well-Known Member

which widgets are you running? and define heavy use (trying to gauge my battery life to others)

9. samson_420

Shit, today about 30 minutes of 3g use, 15 minutes on EDGE. 30 minutes or so of talk time, about 50 texts back and forth, downloading various BS from the Market for about an hour or 2 on WiFi.

10. samson_420

I gave up. . . . The Behold 2 is just not meeting my demand. . . .

Well, sort of. . . . The screen lags way too much and it pisses me off. . . Then the screen is just not big enough for my big ass fingers.

It really is a decent phone. But, there is no way to compare the Behold2 to the iPhone. . . . .

I sold my iPhone 2g when I bought the Behold 2. So, I just bough a 3g iPhone for 300 Bucks, looks brand new. . . . The Samsung is a gonner. :(

11. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Where in the world do you get the money? Might I suggest buying a nexus 1. Can't beat new Android 2.1 and has a 3.7 inch screen same quality screen as behold 2 just bigger by 2 inches.

12. samson_420

Well, I don't have crazy cash. . . . Well, kinda. . . I sell all the phones I don't use.

So, this little phone exchange of mine will only cost about 75 Bucks. . . . .

Just because I gave the Behold 2 a chance. . .

I might get the Nexus one. . . But, it's looks just are not that striking. Not for the money it's going for. 300 Bucks maybe. . . .