So FroYo gave 270 degree screen rotation...Support

Last Updated:

1. Ecks

Ecks Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yet still no home screen rotation?!!? And here I thought we'd have a chance at an official dock with landscape homescreens =\

Advertisement
  2. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

My home screen rotates!

Of course, that is because Launcher Pro provides that feature ;)

3. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

sense has never rotated in the home screen... and i see no need for it since i barely use landscape anyways

4. -Timber

-Timber Active Member

I wish the 270 rotation worked on the video player as well. I'd much rather have my volume control on the top.

5. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

It's a limitation of Sense (though from someone who works with software, I don't understand why). I wish they would just adapt it and be good.

6. lightscomeon

lightscomeon Active Member

Does anyone else's google search widget get stuck at the top of the screen sometimes? I feel like this could be a launcherpro issue.

7. Whohulkwalk

Whohulkwalk Well-Known Member

that happened to me earlier

8. ilinimud

ilinimud Well-Known Member

Yes it does on Launcher Pro. I am running ADW now, and it works fine on it.

9. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

+1:D

10. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

It's probably a design choice...It'd be hard to make the bottom arch-thing (whatever you want to call where the phone button is) look good in landscape, IMHO. I personally don't see the point of a landscape homepage. I know were everything is in portrait, so it's faster/easier for me to use on it's side in portrait than in landscape.

11. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member

Can you imagine the sense bottom part stretched? Ew lol

They could do it if they wanted to, but it would be a PITA because they know noone would like the look at it at the bottom.

12. IcedTC

IcedTC Well-Known Member

+2!

I love launcher pro. Just started using it and I am loving it!

13. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

Easy. Leave it (aka the launcher) where it is and rotate the icons. Done. Skyraider's launcher style would look a lot better.

14. DenverRalphy

DenverRalphy Well-Known Member

No need to stretch it, just center it.

15. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

That'd work, but I can see why HTC would still leave it just as portrait.

But if they did do a landscape homescreen, i hope that's how they'd do it. I wouldn't want the phone button moving on me...

16. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Well-Known Member

I think it's time that HTC starts to evolve Sense. It has been basically the same since it's inception and is getting left behind by 3rd party launchers. It really needs to have a customizable dock and the ability to have 5 rows and 5 columns of icons on each of the home screens with resizable widgets too. And you should be able to choose the number of homescreens you want to use plus which one is the default. I know this is a lot of the same stuff Launcher Pro does but since LP is not native it will never be quite as smooth as Sense. But for now, Launcher Pro is #1 in my book....

17. maikinmoves

maikinmoves Active Member

Even if the Sense launcher just turned vertical on the right hand of the screen like Launcher pro does I still think the majority of Sense Widgets would look like hell since the majority of them are designed to take up a full screen in portrait mode, or like the Sense Clock would be way too funky. This is all why I have Launcher pro as my default home and an icon on that home screen to take me right to Sense which is where i actually hide the majority of my time to kill 5 minutes apps

18. Ecks

Ecks Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For those of us who would like a dock, there is a big need for landscape mode. And i don't mean one of those cheesy vertical docks where you have to slide your phone to the left to connect the charging port -- I'm talking about a nice landscape dock that you can sit your phone right into without any additional, quirky adjustments to connect the usb port.

And I use Launcher Pro, but unfortunately the option to landscape the home screens won't be winning over HTC or verizon to create a dock =\ Also, Launcher Pro is very slow to redraw my home screens when changing orientation, so I turned rotation off (home screens only).