So has HTC shipped any Evo's with adjusted screens yet?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. The Dorian

The Dorian Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I saw they released a statement saying they'd tweak the manufacturing process to fix the raised screen issue. Does anyone know if they've done this yet and if they're available yet?

My Evo has some light leakage. It's not a huge problem, but if some "fixed" Evos are available, I'd like to exchange.

Also, does anyone know if it will be possible to exchange after the 30 days after purchase?

Advertisement
  2. The Dorian

Bahh wrong section...sorry.

3. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Hardware version 003's are already shipping, and are said to be a lot better.

After 30 days, sprint is only required to give you refurbished phones if you have trouble with the hardware. Although, if it's close to the 30 days, you can argue and get a new replacement if something happens.

4. The Dorian

I HAVE hardware version 003 :(

5. The Dorian

So you don't think it'll be something covered by HTC's 1 year warranty? Or will a refurbished one BE from the 1 year warranty?

6. AGeleff

AGeleff Active Member

I have version 003 and I'm experiencing some light leakage, screen separation, and a LOT of dust in the upper left hand corner of my phone. I'm headed out on a mission to get the phone replaced tomorrow, but if I can't get it replaced within the next few days and my 30-day trial is up, I'm out.

It sucks, because I love this phone, but I don't want to use a phone where the image is getting continuously worse because the screen isn't sealed properly.

7. epphllps

epphllps Active Member

I'll go on and say that it looks like we won't see any of the NEW ASSEMBLY METHOD evos until after our 30 days are up. I just got my replaced yesterday and it had a build date of only 6/4/2010 :( You can find this on the inside of the battery cover, lower left.

8. nRRe

nRRe Well-Known Member

i have 003 and my light leakage is only from the Home button along the bottom of the phone, but it doesn't 'glow' in the dark. my screen is recessed around the outside edge all the way around the phone. it is not separating at all yet.

9. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

not true about them being any better. it's just a revision and they were shipping on, or shortly after, June 4th. when we see a version 004 it will hopefully and likely be with the new manufacturing process.

i have version 002 and only have minor light leakage under the home, back, and search buttons. no dust, no screen seperation. there's a lot of people who are trying to get their phone exchanged and are ending up with just as faulty devices or worse. right now is not the time to be exchanging it. i'm waiting for something to happen to mine, and IF something does, i'll hold onto it for at least another few months until i'm positive they have fixed the problems.

10. sitlet

sitlet Banned

The warranty is technically through Sprint for the one year. After 30 days, they can give you a new one or a refurb, at their choice. Most likely it will be a refurb. That's their policy, its in the contract you signed. But again, it you are close to the 30 days, I'm sure you can talk a manager into getting you a new one for all the hassle you've been through.