So..how do i delete...Support

Last Updated:

1. mustangwagz

mustangwagz Member This Topic's Starter

So i did a good deal of reading so far (ten mins i been a member) and i think i understand a few things..but cloudy on others.

Ok so i need to download a root in order to Delete programs i dont use? (such as "City ID" and "Skype" and all the others on my APPS panel i dont use..ever..) am i correct?

Also read on the "Sticky" that task killers actually slow my phone down? i use advanced task killer FREE and it makes my battery life WAY LONGER and gives me the ability to kill stuff i aint using.

I really like the phone alot! i use the barcode scanner and the google goggles (which i think needs some more work IMO) and constantly google stupid stuff at work that me and the guys come up with. i really like the phone, but wouldnt mind gettin rid of some useless programs i have.. (like on my home PC) OOOoooOO, Not to forget the Full version of Angry Birds..i'm addicted to that game! its awesome! (reminds me of the game "Gorilla" that windows NT used to have)

Can any of yinz steer me down a good beaten path for doing so?

Thanks much guys/gals!

-Zac

Advertisement
  2. xepicxacidx

xepicxacidx Well-Known Member

Belive it or not you get better battry life without task killers but I'm not the one to ask why all I know is linnux has its own way of closing them or somthing

3. mustangwagz

Well i downloaded the Androot app. set it up..and then tried to download the trident rom? (supposedly faster, minus the stupid apps i dont want) well..it wouldnt work. Trident that is. hmm....Ugh..i knew i shoulda just not messed with it! DOH! lol

4. Goonie21

Goonie21 Well-Known Member

Velocity rocks you have to flash it though a rom manger.

5. mustangwagz

Assuming you've done this!? lol looks and seems to be what i'm shootin for but i'm a noob! lol so i need to check out rom managers?

6. Goonie21

7. mustangwagz

8. dots

dots Well-Known Member

See this site. Pretty much a good read on dev'ing, customiziing, hacking your phone. Whichever you wanna call it.

Android Ally

9. Goonie21

yes that is a great site that is the one I was looking for to give you but I am at work and doing like 5 things at once.

10. gutted

gutted Well-Known Member

Well, since I'm sorta too chicken to root my phone... I installed Launcher Pro. It's a home replacement app that lets you do some cool customizing. One of its features is to let you hide apps in your app drawer. While I can't delete Skype, etc, at least now I don't have to flip through them in my drawer.