So how exactly does the ETF work?

Last Updated:

1. ttamnedlog

ttamnedlog Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've loved my Incredible since its release, but it just recently started giving me problems (difficulty getting a GPS signal, and won't receive texts sometimes) the other day.

I haven't made any changes to the phone or even installed new apps since I rooted it months ago, so I don't know what might be causing these issues. I don't really have the time or desire to fool with it these days (I've become quite busy), so as the thread title suggests, I'm thinking of making the rash/expensive/lazy decision of leaving Verizon and getting that stupid phone that "just works" and all that. Yeah yeah, I know.

Is it $350 for droid phones, and $10 off each month? So it should be around $290 since I got the phone on release, correct?

Any other hidden "fees" or whatever?

Advertisement
  2. smellyfungus

smellyfungus Member

dont you still have a warranty on the phone? also i dont think the etf is worth it.

3. ttamnedlog

ttamnedlog Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Kinda. It's rooted (I could easily unroot it), but I also don't have the tiny "VOID" sticker on the case screw. I haven't actually tinkered with my phone, but long story short, I gave it to a friend for his phone.

Of course, I do have the insurance.

4. ggp

ggp Well-Known Member

just activate a different phone on the same line... as long as you don't cancel the line, no need to pay an etf. Use an old phone or pick up a used phone somewhere.

In the mean time, can you do a factory data reset on your DInc? (never seen a rooted phone in person, so I don't know if that's an option, but usually fixes problems like you're describing).

If you have insurance, Asurion won't replace for the issues you're describing, as it sounds like warranty issues, so if you're not able to master reset, you can always "accidentally" leave it on the hood of your car when you drive off.

5. buckguin

buckguin Well-Known Member

It could also happen to get stolen out of your house...=)

6. ggp

ggp Well-Known Member

true, but then the thief could sell it for parts on ebay... and just for the record, I would never recommend something that could potentially be construed as insurance fraud, so I would definitely go the master reset route first.